Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"I get by with a little help from my friends." - John Lennon

So Gargo is finally in town, Gargi Naha one person with whom I ve spent "the best days of my life" (five glorious years of self-discovery) is finally in Gurgaon. Ok so we met as a teenager ready to discover the life away from home, parents & so called schooly inhibitions. I've hated school when I was a small girl, it was kind of suffocating and I always had this insecurity that I am not good enough that their are far better & smarter kids in the class than me, my sister being one of the most popular kid in school didnt helped at all. But when I was in college it kinda opened new doors and I could finally start being just me, without being judged by the so called family friends and relatives. I got admission in Physiotherapy college in Bhopal & was told that I'll share a room with one bong girl & a Gujju girl. So their she stood on the door way all 5 feet 7 inches tall (almost 6 inches taller than me) and cylindrical (almost like me). That was Gargo Naha with specs and books in her hand wearing this knee length skirt and apprehensive eyes. Gosh I thought I didn't needed a geek in my room. That is how it had began it was a slow steady journey of knowing each other and between us we have many stories to tell and many experiences to share apart from sharing boy friends. Yes we use to have this crazy crush on one of the handsomest boy Ive laid eyes on in Bhopal, we use to go every Sunday to this market place just to catch a glimpse of this boy, with our heart hammering and we use to drool over him & wanted him to see us & he did saw. The infatuation lasted till the day he approached us and spoke the first few lines about "making Frandship", we went home disappointed with him for being a HMT (hindi medium type). The other day receiving her call was so relieving. She called me at 9 in the morning telling me she is here & that we can meet any day anytime from now onwards & meeting her after office that day was like meeting my family. We talked for hours on end sitting on this small eatery, talking our heart out was downright comforting. Things have changed for us now our topics are different compared to those in the older times, before it use to be more about boys, grades, shopping, parents expectations and gossiping. Now it consist of Mum in law ( 1st & foremost), family planning, career, money, tax and what not. Being in a corporate office don't allow you the luxury of friendship, the term to use here is acquaintances. I am in contact with most of the friends who mattered. The two of them who mean the most are Gargo & Sweta two different personalities & two of my closest pals.

2 comments:

  1. Thanx a tone for so nicely defining our short journey (hopefully v'll go together a long way the same manner).U have been always close to my heart n hope u'll b forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mimi,hopefully we will make lots of memories to last a life time.

    ReplyDelete