Wednesday, February 26, 2014

That Little Old Woman



Copyright: Sandra Cook


Genre: Fiction
Word Count:107

It was a long drive on a rickety bus, traveling through the steep curves overlooking the never-ending expanse of tea gardens. I am only here for a day to meet my grandma, and then I will bid adieu to this small town for greener pastures.

I made my way through the lonely stretch to reach the stable where she would be milking cows— her daily ritual. Her wrinkled face lit up as she saw me, I reached out to her and she hugged me tight.  

That night, I lay on the heap of hay stack gazing the stars consumed by the thought of her holding onto me.



This is written as part of the Friday Fictioneers Challenge – Write a one hundred word story that has a beginning, middle and end. Today’s prompt is the above picture.

Hope you enjoyed.


21 comments:

  1. You painted a picture of a loving relationship. Nicely done!

    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janet,

      Thank you so much for appreciating.

      Namaste

      Delete
  2. Good story of a warm human relationship in a family. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey paulestaruthsusan

    thanks for appreciating paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. The essence of the relationship is beautifully captured

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mousume Roy,

    If I'm not mistaken, a welcome to Friday Fictioneers is in order. Very hard to stop once you start.
    I enjoyed your story. Seems that this young person is at that stage in life where it's time to stay goodbye to one chapter and move to another. Nice.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Rochelle Wisoff-Fields,

    Thank you so much for welcoming me. Yes, you get it right the protagonist is in a transition phase.

    I am so glad you liked it.

    Namaste,
    Mousume

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have crafted a lovely, heartwarming story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating Lidazea. I am so glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. Does she stay, does she go? Sweet little number.
    And welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patrick,
      I would want her to go and see for herself.

      Thanks for appreciating
      Namaste
      Mousume

      Delete
  10. Welcome to Friday Fictioneers. This is a fine first tale.

    Regs,
    Marie Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Warmth, sincerity, love and a hint of nostalgia radiate from this. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to FF :) This is a lovely story of the warmth in relationships and love. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for welcoming me samriddhi so warmly. Im so glad you liked it.

      Delete
  13. Such a sweet story-love is the greatest power and the greatest gift:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah the love between family. Always touching, always loving. Good take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much shailaja....

    ReplyDelete